Fitness instructors can attest to the fact that a flat stomach and a firm butt are what most women work hard to attain. There is no doubt that these physical attributes can be commonly found in a woman who has what most people consider a sexy body.
Unfortunately, not every one is blessed with good genes that make a firm stomach and a well-shaped butt. Countless of women have to work hard to avoid getting a flabby belly and behind.
If you are one of the many who like to have flat abs and a nice, firm butt, then here are exercises you can incorporate in your daily fitness routine that target your abs and glutes.
If you have a flat butt, then squats are perfect for you. Aside from toning and shaping your rear end, this form of exercise will also help build lean muscles in that area, thus resulting in a plump butt.
How to do squats:
1. Stand with hands on hips and your feet more than shoulder-width apart.
2. Bend your knees until they are about 90 degrees parallel to the ground, making sure to tilt your body slightly forward as you go down.
3. Contract your butt muscles as you push your heels into the floor as you come back up.
To get maximum results, you can rest a barbell across your shoulder all throughout the exercise.
Lunges are great for strengthening all the major muscles of the hips, glutes, and thighs. If done properly, you will notice amazing results in just a short period of time.
How to do lunges:
1. Stand with your back straight, hands on hips, right foot forward, left foot back, and knees slightly bent.
2. Bring your left knee as close to the floor without touching it and keep your right knee parallel to the ground at a 90-degree angle.
3. Push the front heel of your left foot into the floor as you return to the starting position, making sure to contract your quadricep muscles as you go up.
To make this exercise more effective, you can rest a barbel on your shoulders or simply hold weights in each hand.
- Vertical Scissors
Vertical scissors are excellent as they workout your entire abdominal area without the help of any equipment.
How To do Vertical Scissors:
1. Sit on a bench with your hands under your butt for balance and your legs straight out in front of you.
2. Contract your abdominal muscles alone to lift your right leg and lower your left leg.
3. Reverse the positions of each leg.
As a bonus, you butt and hip muscles will get quite a workout too if you remember to squeeze them as you move your legs up and down.
- Vertical Leg Crunch
The vertical leg crunch is a slight variation to the popular crunch exercise known to give you fit and firm abs.
How To Do a Vertical Leg Crunch:
1. Lie flat on your back with your hands together behind your head.
2. Cross your ankles and lift both your legs into the air as you curl your head and upper back off the floor.
3. Return to the starting position.
Take two exercises (one for the stomach and one for the butt) and incorporate them in your daily workout routine. Do the remaining two on the second day. Perform three sets of 15 reps of each exercise.